Replacing Cabinets and Counters
When it comes to replacing your cabinets and countertops, it can be a very tedious process. That is why you will need the help of professionals to get it done without any hitch. Replacements require you to know what you want for the project and how much you will also be willing to spend for it. Keep in mind that you will be getting rid of your old kitchen cabinets and countertops and will be installing new ones. Thus, you can say that it requires two processes: removing the old kitchen hardware and installing your new kitchen hardware.
For a better understanding of what goes on in these processes. Check out the following steps on how to replace them:
Replacing Kitchen Cabinets
- After removing your old kitchen cabinets, for installing your new ones, you have to first attach the upper cabinets to the wall. This is done by lifting the upper corner cabinet first into place and attaching it to the wall using wood screws, and then the second cabinet will follow clamping it to the first cabinet.
- The next step is to make sure that the edges of the two cabinets are lined up perfectly. Installers will drill a pilot hole through the framework and secure the two cabinets with stainless steel wood screws. These same steps are then repeated for all the other cabinet units.
- Before the installation of the last upper cabinet, installers also have to make sure that there is a pilot hole drilled into it so that the filler strip can be secured to the cabinet with wood screws. The filler strip will be glued to the cabinet with wood glue.
- Before attaching the molding, measurements will be taken. The molding strips will be cut precisely for each part of the cabinet. It is then fitted carefully with wood glue and nails.
- After putting the moldings in the upper cabinets, the next step is to install the lower cabinets. The first two lower cabinets will be placed into position before they are clamped together and then secured with screws. After that, they will also be attached to the walls.
- Make sure to have room for the stove and pipes. This is done by installing a base cabinet and attaching it to the wall between the spaces for the stove and refrigerator.
- Installers will also make careful cuts and measurements for the sink base. A 3-inch filler strip will be installed on the sink base cabinet and with the holes cut, the sink base cabinet will be lowered into position for the pipes to extend through the holes.
- Lastly, install the last cabinets. At the last two sections of the base cabinet, wood strips will also be nailed for the wainscoting.
- Make sure that before you remove the old countertop, you have cleared it of appliances and accessories. You also need to remove those things in your lower shelving to avoid dust contamination.
- Remember to disconnect all the supply lines to your countertop fixtures for safety. You can use a wrench to turn off the emergency valves on the gas line to the stove. For your electrical outlets, keep them covered and turned off. And lastly, disconnect the water lines.
- The next step is to remove the sink. You can use a chisel to keep the sink away from the countertop.
- Most countertops are installed and sealed with caulk. So, to make the countertop removal easier, spray caulk softener along the edges of the countertop. This way, you can pry the countertop until it is loose enough to be lifted.
- Before you completely pry your countertops from the cabinets, check whether they are held in place with screws. If they are, you can use a screwdriver to unfasten them. For large or heavy countertops, there might be instances where you’ll have to use a saw to cut it into manageable pieces.
- Lastly, dispose of your old countertop and replace them with new ones. Installers will make sure to cut the new countertop with precision and accuracy and secure them into your cabinetry without causing much damage.
Frisco Kitchen Remodel
At Frisco Kitchen Remodel, we can make your kitchen ideas in Frisco, Texas, come true! With our team of experts, we can help you with your cabinet and countertop replacements in no time. If you want a credible and dependable service, contact us now at 469-502-5920!
Contact us today!
At Frisco Kitchen Remodel we can make your kitchen ideas in Frisco, Texas, come true! With our team of experts, we can help you with your cabinet and countertop replacements in no time. If you want a credible and dependable service, contact us now at 469-502-5920!
To Get Free Instant QuoteInter Your Information Below
Call Us Today
To find out more about any of the above mentioned services, you can look over to the full detail page listed above, or feel free to call into our offices to speak with a professional about your inquiries. We are here for you during regular business hours for all business related inquiries, and as well bring you an after hours service that you can reach for emergency repair services.